Welcome to my blog!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I can be reached by e-mail should you have any questions or wish to purchase any of my paintings.

All Artwork is Copyright ©Corinne Hodgson and may not be reproduced in any way without permission.

crnn.hdgsn@gmail.com

Tuesday 5 June 2012

'If a tree falls in the forest....'




24 x 36
acrylic on canvas



One day on a walk in the woods behind our home, I came upon this fallen tree in a clearing in our favourite pine forest.  The tree was lying on a golden bed of pine needles surrounded by other trees; almost in a semi-circular grouping.  It had fallen some time ago and was slowly becoming one with the ground around it.   This was a very solemn scene.  The silence,  the stillness in the air and the light misty fog  added mystery to the scene. I had a feeling that I had happend upon a sacred site.  I  imagined at that moment that the trees around the fallen one  had come together in what appeared to be a secret gathering  to honour their fallen comrade.  I too felt a sense of reverence for this fallen tree.  It was a very special scene that haunted me and I felt that I had to paint it.  The hush in the air, the cushion of needles ... I felt so honoured to have happened upon this special place at that moment in time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment